Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 8 - April PAD

From http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/
For today's prompt, write a ready to celebrate poem. You could chronicle the actual celebration or even write about the anticipation of one.

Teacher's Countdown

Is it time to celebrate?
Soon the weekend will be here.
I can spend the "S" days in my PJs
cuddled up with my girls...
Oh, wait.
That's right.
Friends are visiting from out of town.

Can I celebrate yet?
Three more days 'til Spring Break
after today, that is,
I will finally get some rest...
Oh, wait.
That's right.
I will have 161 research papers to grade.

Can I finally celebrate?
Twenty-three school days until summer.
The students will go home early that Friday.
And then I will be free...
Oh, wait.
That's right.
I have to stay another week and prepare for next year.

Surely I can celebrate!
It is June, for crying out loud.
Time for a beach day, iced coffee,
road trips to visit family...
Oh, wait.
That's right.
I'm leading a week-long writing workshop for kids.

When can I celebrate?
Now can I celebrate?
Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment